How did you potty train your son i need ideas..

proud_mum_mum

Asked by proud_mum_mum at 7:40 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't have a son but my aunt potty trained my cousin with cheerios...she would tell him to shoot the cheerios with his pee to make them go down, and every time he had to pee until he was like, 3 1/2 he would tell her he needed more cheerios, lol
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:49 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• first we put the potty chair in the living room. yes even in front of the TV. Then we moved it to he bathroom where he would come in and sit while we were going potty. (with a book or toy to busy himself) Then eventually off came the diaper. When it was time to use the big potty we sat him on it back ward. He quickly learned to "poit it down" and poop. He got big enuff to stand on my feet and point it down I know it sounds crazy but, I think he felt safer with us in there. He usewd the step stool to climb up to sit and poop. We never used the kind of potty chair that sat on top of the toilet. He was never comfortable on it. oh yeah and it was ALL in his own timing. We didnt rush anything!!! good luck
    Lynnette72

Answer by Lynnette72 at 7:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I tried from the time my son turned 2 to potty train him. Cheerios, backwards sitting, potty chair on floor, big toilet... Then suddenly, on his third birthday, he announced he was ready to start using the potty. We put him in underwear (Bob the Builder, his favorite). He started using the toilet and never even really had any accidents. It was amazing! I think when a kid's ready, that's the time to start.

However, with my daughter (she was potty-trained at 18 months) a sticker chart worked really well.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 8:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• He will go when he is ready. Try to get him some underwear he likes and let daddy take him when he goes
    rachabro

Answer by rachabro at 9:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• i have a step-son and i potty trained him. I used fruit loops or you can use cheerios and tell him to try to hit them it is so much fun for them. let him put the cereal in the potty and let him go.
    Brittany8774

Answer by Brittany8774 at 10:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• i just bought him this potty that play music when he uses the potty mm 20 bucks at walmart and i leve it in the living room he first just played with it exploring it over n over and finally he just sat on the potty one day and peed we made sure to make a huge deal clap and say yeye and just be loud about it and he would see that it was a good thing, we took his diaper off as soon as we woke up and ofcourse we have had some mistakes on the floor but we make sure not to get mad just explain verbally but aslo with lots of hand gestures thats not where he needs to go. he gets excited bout flushing it himself and so far we are doing great . good luck
    mommysofia

Answer by mommysofia at 10:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2009