How do I get rust out of fabric?

I so don't want to throw my white dress in the trash just because my belt rusted on it!

MyLove

Asked by MyLove at 8:01 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• there is a pruduct called "IRON OUT" which is safe for use on fabrics as long as you follow the instructions. look online to see where you can buy it in your area, i had no problem finding it in NY, but had to look for it here in SC.

if you're not careful it can "bleach" out certain fabric dyes (some blues use an iron base, believe it or not) so be careful using it on colors, but it has a million other uses as well!!!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:06 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Wet the spots with lemon juice then sprinkle with salt. Let it sit in direct sunlight for 30 - 45 minutes.
    Samantha19

Answer by Samantha19 at 9:46 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Try the Iron Out like the pp suggested. You can get it at Winn Dixie. I hope it works!
    badpenny74

Answer by badpenny74 at 10:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2009