Do I make enough (or what I should)?

I babysit three kids at least four days a week. A 7 yro, a 6yro, and a 2yro. The older two go to school but the 6yo gets out at 12 and the 7yro gets out at 3. I take them everywhere. Doctor, Dentist, eye doctor, partys, to buy presents for those partys, anything mom would normally do I do. Dance class EVERYTHING. I get payed 150 a week. My question is am I getting cheated?

How much should I make?

Jusica

Asked by Jusica at 8:01 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• Sounds to me like you're not making enough. You're not a babysitter, you're a nanny!! Double it.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:04 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• wow! you do all that for only 150 a WEEK??? i would definetly hope the mother can raise that price a little, you do have a life of your own, thats getting off cheap, imo.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• You def don't make enough. You should at least get paid mileage for all the running around you do for the kids. And should be reinbursed for anything you spend on them.
    nowhinning

Answer by nowhinning at 8:13 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I have babysat for 7 yrs and you are getting cheated!!!! Like the one post said, DOUBLE IT at the very least!!!
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 11:19 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• wow i pay that for 2 days of childcare!
    kelinnh

Answer by kelinnh at 11:45 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• You are getting ripped off, stop doingg the errands unless the mom pays better
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 2:44 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• i paid double that for one kid in daycare a week, you should have her raise it, but not so much where she says i could pay this same amount at a daycare and takes her business elsewhere. Also think of the economy, the two of you are doing eachother a favor, if she pays you more she may end up having to quit her job because she cant afford you or the daycare, then your out that money cause she no longer needs you. so sit down with her and renegotiate the price!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:28 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Are you at all interested in doing something easier and with better ongoing income? www.HealthyHome4All.com
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 2:53 PM on Mar. 12, 2009