He won't keep his word and I don't trust him...am I wrong??

My baby's father is on ssi, but he works as a taxi driver under the table from time to time.

He told me that he was going to give me $25 to help with the baby (people on ssi don't have to pay child support). I said ok, and was making plans for the money (diapers, wipes, other baby things).

We went to the store this afternoon, and we go to the baby section. I remind him of the $25. He asks if he could just give me $10! I said no, you said you'd give me $25. He hands me a $20. After badgering him, he gives me the extra $5. I told him I was upset with him, because I shouldn't have to beg him to help take care of the baby.

He says he doesn't understand why I'm upset! DUH! He makes promises he doesn't keep. He says he'll come over on this day to see the baby, then he change plans. I can't have a relationship with someone like that. I don't trust him. I don't trust anything he has to say. Am I wrong???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• OMG mu DH is the same way...I swear if we weren't married it would be worse. He always says i overreact and that I should trust him. I'm like Hell No! I do have to admit he IS getting better. But I wouldn't trust him till he starts to prove it to you.
    Anonymous

• Can't he apply for ssi for the child and just have it direct deposited into your acct?
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:44 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• who told you that they don't have to pay child support? If he's on ssi then he's responsible for providing for the child and Social Security will send a nice check every month so you can quit begging him for money. Go on the Social Security website and apply for it for the child.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I agree with admckenzie. My nephew's dad received ssi and my nephew will receive a check every month until he is 18. He is still responsible. Apply!
    tigerlily511

Answer by tigerlily511 at 11:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2009