baby shower question, I feel awkward

My husband's family is throwing me a baby shower and I just feel so awkward.Saturday has never been a good day for me to do things because I work and then go visit my grandma at my mom's house. So two of my husband's cousins had babies in the past year and I did not attend their saturday afternoon baby showers. I sent a gift to one and to the other I brought a gift when I met the baby. one of the cousins seems to be in charge of throwing it and they want to do Saturday, and she is scheduling it later in the day so that I can make it... I just feel so bad for not making sure I could attend theirs. I did not expect nor plan for a baby shower as this is my third baby (it is my husbands first and my youngest is almost five though so we got rid of a lot of stuff)
Aside from being gracious and thankful, how would you handle it? would you say something about missing theirs or let it slide? am I wierd for feeling awkward?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would accept and be gracious. They obviously think enough of you to throw you a shower for the baby. I would think that if there were hard feelings then they wouldn't do this for you. Go to the shower and have fun. That is what you are supposed to do. Congratulations.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• i would just let it be and not say anything...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Well, I think you had a good reason for not being able to attend and it was very nice of you to still give a gift for the baby so if it were me, I'd have no hard feelings.
    Anonymous

• I'm sure they understand sometimes people just can't make a party. That's what a shower is. A party.

You did the right thing by sending a gift for the first cousin, and bringing a gift for the other cousin.

If you had to miss a birthday party, you would send a gift but wouldn't feel awkward about them giving you a birthday party, would you?

Take the baby quotient out of the picture and you'll see you have nothing to be embarrassed about.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Thanks all, I do feel much better about it. I have been fretting over the tiniest things lately...darn hormones :-)
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 4:10 PM on Mar. 12, 2009