Do you have to have...

I am 36 weeks pregnant and I am considered high risk because my last pregnancy turned into pre-e, I had an emergency c-section at 36 weeks. So anyway my grandma came in tonight and told me I looked like crap, that my face was swollen like I have been cryin all day which I haven't cried at all today and my legs are VERY swollen, I have a slight headache but when I checked my blood pressure it was 123/88 so I was wanting to know if your blood pressure had to be high to be diagnosed with pre-e or if I should still be concerned? I go to the doctor tomorrow afternoon so they can check for protien in my urine.

PrOuDmOmMy1011

Asked by PrOuDmOmMy1011 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would go to L&D tonight if you are that swollen. You don't have have high blood pressure, but you must be putting out the protein. I would just go get checked tonight if you look that bad. I wish you all the luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:47 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Well it's a good idea to get checked out even if your blood pressure isn't high but swelling is normal in the last couple of weeks of pregnancy so don't be surprised if they tell you to just cut out the salt and increase your liquid intake for the next couple of weeks.
    Anonymous