Who has the best WORST MIL story?

I know you're itching to tell. And i would love to hear. I don't technically have a MIL. But my partners mother is lovely. Plus, crazy MIL are the best stories.

No Bashing. This is just for fun. And to vent.

mum-to-be-at-18

Asked by mum-to-be-at-18 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• oh my god, the other day she accused me of smoking in her bathroom with my son in there(I do not smoke around my kids)...how rude...and she can never be wrong....wow..she drives me insane....
    kaeleighalexis

Answer by kaeleighalexis at 9:03 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Not technically a MIL--but close enough!

When we told her that I was prego she said to me "someone wasn't using proper birth control". I do believe that the birth control issue goes both ways. We are much better now that my LO is here. We didn't have any problems until then either.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:04 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My MIL left my baby shower after being there about 15 minutes. she even pushed her gift ahead of a lot of others so she could go ahead and see me open it so she could leave.

Then we asked her to babysit baby #1 so I could have baby #2. When I was in the middle of labor my SIL called me and baby #1 was screaming. I asked where MIL was and she left to go to the dentist leaving SIL in charge and she didnt know what to do. She didnt even bother to tell me. hello, counldnt she have resecheduled a dentist appointment I am having YOUR grandchild.

Needless to say: I dont have too much to do with her anymore. ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:04 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• ok i got one that isnt what SHE did but what was SAID about her...

it happened this last weekend, my SIL's (2 of them), decided they were going to buy 5 kids that were staying at my house silly string in the can, so they had fun spraying it ALL around my living room and i really didnt have no problem with it, really lol, and this is the part that gets me...

so they go buy more for the kids and the kids decided they want to wait to spray it at GRANDMA'S house (MIL) and the 2 SIL looks at the kids in disbelief and say "OH NO!" because everyone knows that MIL constantly cleans and its like her second job (she tells everyone so), and everything is in perfect order.

thats when it got to me, as i didnt mind the kids spraying silly string all over my living room, then why is it that they respect MIL so much more? do i like cleaning? apparently to them i really do!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:06 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Umm, I would have to say my XMIL. She used to stay with my EX husband and I for 3 weeks at a time. She pulled wierd stunts where she'd wait till I went to bed before she would start talking to my EX husband. I would hear all this chatter in the living room and they'd be up till way after midnight just talking about anything. But, she was quiet as a mouse while I was in the room every single night. I found out later that she considered her son and I not married as for the fact we didn't marry in a Catholic Church. She still thought this even after 2 kids and 9 years of marriage to her son. Judgemental B@#$%&!!!!!
    Anonymous

• These are all awesome stories. MIL stories are always the best. I know they suck at the time but they make great anicdotes. :)
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 9:10 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• oh yeah and another...

my MIL ran into my grandma one day and my grandma is this sweet little inocent happy woman, so my MIl said to my grandma (i clean and clean then they come out to my house every weekend to go out to the bar" (they-meaning me and hubby and kids) i just about fainted when my mother told me she said that to my grandma! my grandma believes in seeing good in everything and then ding dong goes and tells her this.

we do like to go out but not every weekend and no need to spread those things around like that. my hubby doesnt know she even said this.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:19 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• We went to my MIL's house (trailer) to visit the last time we were in town. I warned my DH ahead of time that I would only spend maybe two minutes indoors because they smoke inside (like 2 packs a day).. Well we got there and just standing in their carport I was ill. Well I tried to be polite to see the inside so we went in. She has like a dozen cats inside and the house smelled like a litterbox, it was so disgusting (I am a clean freak!) and my son took his shoes off (he was taught manners and to take shoes off when entering someone's home) and I almost SCREAMED! The floor was so nasty it was unreal. Her driveway was cleaner than her floors in her house! I bit my tongue SO hard and finally went outside. When we left the house my son broke out in hives. We went back to my SIL's house and i stripped him and put him in the shower and THREW away the socks he was wearing because they were so nasty. ugh... gross..
    Anonymous

• My MIL came to visit last October, I wasn't excited since I had a whole 1 week to get ready for her and Hubby was going to be leaving the day after she got here.... She got here and that night she offered to watch the kids so we could have one evening out alone before he had to leave out (be gone for 4 weeks)... We were getting ready and I started hurting, lots of pressure when I had to pee, I thought it was nothing and it would pass, well it didn't. Got to the theater and I saw more of the bathroom then the movie.. Hubby left the next day and I was stuck with her for 7 looong days... I was in pain, taking ibuprofen, couldn't get into the Dr , It finally got to the day she was leaving and I took her to the train station, the train was going to be late, soooo I had to drive her 150 miles to the airport, I was in sooo much pain, I had my 5 yr old son w/us and I think I stopped at every bathroom I could find. CONT....
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 9:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Hmm hardly know where to start.....
    1) When I became pregnant she suggested that I get an abortion.
    2)Came over to my mothers house and started moving around her furniture
    3) Insulted my mothers baby shower gift to us
    4) managed to ruin my wedding dinner rehearsal BY splitting the party in half. Taking her son with her! SHE DID NOT PAY A DIME!
    5) was a complete B the entire wedding
    6) Sent used toys to her only GRAND daughter for Christmas! (not hurting for money)
    7)Put a picture of my daughter in a frame that is meant for someone who has passed away!
    8) Left an article about low self esteem on my counter. then when confronted about it claimed it was for our 4month old!!!
    michelleC363

Answer by michelleC363 at 9:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2009