do your hormones while your pregnant affect the outcome of chemical color on your hair?

adronsmommy

Asked by adronsmommy at 9:17 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• NO! I've been doing hair for a long time and done many colors on pregnant women, including myself and they are no different than non pregnant women. I have regular clients who came in every six weeks for a retouch so I know this for sure. Maybe there's some freakishly hormonal pregnant woman that had something go weird(no offense if this is you!lol) but in my experience I'd have to say no.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I never had any problem with the hair color while pregnant.
    deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 9:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I have always heard to not get your hair done while pregnant, but I too went to cosmotology school and never seen anything bad with pregnant women. I even permed my hair while pregnant and it was the best perm ever. That was 13 years ago and now my hair for some reason is natural curly. I have never permed it after that. Sure the perm didn't last 13 years but for some reason it just stayed curly.
    lovingmybrats

Answer by lovingmybrats at 9:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I have read that it can. ...but i honestly dont know.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:35 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• The only thing I noticed when having a perm or color when pregnant was it seemed to process A LOT faster on me. The first time I permed when PG we left it on the same amount as usual and my hair fried..broke off al over my head. You would think that would stop me...I did it next kid..BUT she checked at about half the time..and it was done. The next unpreggo perm..it needed the full time. I never asked anyone else..but that was my personal experience.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:52 PM on Mar. 11, 2009