Lasik eye surgery?

I am considering having Lasik eye surgery. I just wanted any info. anyone can give. Have you had it done or know someone who has? How has their vision been? Any complications? Any info. would be really appreciated!

mazonmom

Asked by mazonmom at 9:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I have a few relatives that have had it done and it works well I want it done also but I have Astigmatism so I am a little reluctant about getting it done ...
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 9:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My mom was blind as a bat before her surgery. Contacts couldn't even correct her vision. She had Lasik done 2 years ago and is doing great! She has reading glasses, but that may also be her age. She actually had the procedure done, then had to go back 6 months later for another corrective surgery because they didn't get it completely right the first time. But, she says she would do it 10 times again because it was SO worth it! I can't wait til I have the money to do it.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 9:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I know 3 people who have had it done. Only one is really pleased. Others had complications like multiple infections. Blurred vision.. One lost her vision almost totally in one eye and due to damage of the cornea and had to have a corneal transplant. I would say be very, very careful. Check the Dr's status at the AMA and your local BBB. It is a pretty big gamble iff something goes wrong.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:46 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My husband and I both had it done in December 2007 with awesome results. My best advice to you is to find someone who does blade-less LASIK and has done a lot of procedures. I actually found my doctor by searching online for the doctor in Las Vegas who had done the most procedures.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Yah, lasik eye surgery is the best option for getting good vision like as 20/20 and also avoiding wearing eye glasses. But you don't write here about your 'corrected glass power'. It helps us to write good answer. After surgery you can get more best vision 20/20 without glass. I know that, lasik has some complications. If you want to get good result from lasik you have to read Lasik Reviews. It will help to make good decision about lasik laser eye surgery.

LasikReviews

Answer by LasikReviews at 7:17 AM on Aug. 2, 2009