Why is Chris Brown the poster child for domestic violence?

I don't condone what he did if he did it. Innocent until proven guilty right? Im so sick of this story, he is a 19 year old kid. There have been grown ass men that have taken less flack for their actions. I am over this story already, and the fact that she is back with him put the nail in the coffin for me. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I really have no opinion on this except....Bobby Brown....Chris Brown. Coincidence?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 9:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• eye rollingIt's because he's famous.

Anonymous

• I didn't know Bobby Brown was involved in a DV case.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 9:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• He's the poster child because of his fame and the brutality evidenced by the photo of Rhianna taken immediately after the incident. What this story highlights is the "classic" story of domestic violence where they seem to have an idyllic life in public, but it is incredibly tragic in reality. After the abuse, there is a honeymoon period, and the majority of the time, the victim goes back to the abuser. The victim often feels like they must "help" the abuser because "no one else understands" the "real" situation.

You may feel that she "deserves" what she's getting because she went back to him. I just hope that if you ever find yourself in a similar situation, that someone else will have more compassion for you.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 9:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• How is he innocent when he's fully admitted to what he's done?
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I'm sick of it too however this is a way to educate the masses about domestic abuse.

Anonymous

• No woman deserves that wether she goes back or not, and thats not what Im saying, And hopefully I never find myself in that situation. Chris Brown is a kid, he has yet to learn how to deal with his anger....All Im saying is that he is automatically guilty until proven innocent. Grown men have gotten less flack than he is getting. He is a kid and because they want to use this story as a distraction from the economy and other pressing issues he's getting a raw deal.
    Anonymous

• Because no one wants Rhianna to be the next Nicole Simpson?

Friday

Answer by Friday at 9:40 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• anything for a little more attention
    booboo32

Answer by booboo32 at 10:12 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

Didn't he beat up whitney?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 10:12 PM on Mar. 11, 2009