Looking for any advice/helpful tips on the process of weaning my 1 year old.

N17

Asked by N17 at 9:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• Hi, I weaned my first at 18 months and my second is now 11 months and i will begin to wean him from the daytime feedings when he is 1. So, my advice is to wean slowly. Start with the daytime feedings. Work on one at a time. For example, the first am and last pm feeding are the hardest, so I plan to eliminate the 11 o'clock feeding first, when I begin to introduce regular milk. I will probably work on that for about a week or more and then I will work on the afternoon feeding. I will probably keep two (the first am and the last pm) feedings for awhile because they are just our special bonding times. Good Luck!
    momof2boys423

Answer by momof2boys423 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I switched my DD from a bottle to a soft top sippy cup. Worked for us, she hasnt asked for a bottle since and that was MONTHS ago. I recommend the Nuby brand
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 9:34 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• For us, it was easier to cut the morning feeding out first, now she gets a sippy with forumla and will watch cartoons for a little while, or sit on the couch with me. We use the Gerber and the Nuby brand sippy cups with handles. Then after a week or so, we took one of the daytime bottles, and then took the other one, right now we still have the bedtime one, but eventually it will go too, she is 10 1/2 months, so I plan on getting rid of the bottle completely before 1.
    Countrymomma110

Answer by Countrymomma110 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2009