Its been 6 days since my baby took birth .. but I havent got milk in my breasts yet to feed my baby .. but I am getting colestrum .. so can somebody let me know if I should see a doctor or if you have any suggestions .

baby_boys_mom

Asked by baby_boys_mom at 10:09 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• With your first, it takes longer for your milk to come in. Just keep nursing....the colostrum is feeding him now....it will come eventually. If you have concrens tho, you could call your doc. I'd think, that as long as your child is nursing, things are fine.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:15 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• It took my milk an entire week to come in.. It's a HUGE suprise when it does too. I remember waking up and frantically waking up my son telling him PLEASE YOU HAVE TO HELP ME!!! it was just a WOOSH of milk. So be prepared when it lets down it realllly lets down...
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 10:39 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I've heard that drinking one dark beer helps
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:47 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Totally normal. You *are* currently nursing, right? If you are supplementing with ANY bottles, it will delay the time your milk should come in and can interfere with and even end the nursing relationship. Colostrum is nutrient rich breastmilk, like a concentrated version. It is all your baby will need until your full milk comes in. Just nurse as often as baby wants and then some, it will help. :)
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 2:37 AM on Mar. 12, 2009