How do i potty train my 3 yr old toddler?

joy2theworld236

Asked by joy2theworld236 at 10:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Take them into the bathroom and put them on the potty. Are really serious!
    Anonymous

• Take off her trainig pants/diaper and let her run around in underwear. Show her where the potty chair is when she needs to go. If you want quicker results and don't mind floor getting dirty, let her run around all day without underwear. Also buy a doll that comes with a potty chair..set up a time where you can play with your daughter and her doll..I used raisins to show how the doll pooped. Within a week, she will be trained. good luck.

Anonymous

• I potty tarined my two year by teling her that pull-ups are a glorified diaper and that big girls wear panties. So for a whole week we did not go anywhere and she wore panties. I would tell her to go the potty before she ate, after she, when she woke up, and before bed. Plus make sure you make a big deal every time she pees and poops in the potty. I gave my daughter M&Ms as rewards and did a funny little dance. FYI: Wal-Mart's Family restroom has a little potty that is just their size, perfect for introducing kids to using the restroom in public. My daughter was tickled to death by the sight of this potty.
    tigerlily511

Answer by tigerlily511 at 11:05 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Potty train your child with lots of love, praise and patience! o0oh and special potty-training prizes like stickers! Make sure you let your child pick out his/her own potty, undies, and prizes...that way they will be more engaged in the whole process. Make sure they aren't any changes at home, school( ex.starting pre-school), family (new sibling) etc... that would only add more stress., and remember! that we all have accidents *wink* so just be chill about it...
    psychobilly_mom

Answer by psychobilly_mom at 1:12 PM on Mar. 12, 2009