Do you think about your kid's resume when you name them?

Do you make sure they have a name that a potential employer will take seriously? Did that cross your mind ever?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I didn't cross my mind, but I would pick a name that doesn't sound crazy to me like I just made it up. There are many names out there that sound made up to me which is like a bunch of gibberish.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I do some Medi-Cal certifications in the course of my work, and have come across some crazy stuff! Like, what were the parents thinking!!
    Anonymous

• We actually did think about this with both of our children...lol....I thought we were the only ones.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:21 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• yes. otherwise i would've named them honeysuckle and toilet brush.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 10:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Not really, but I did name my kids after people in my family, and I did consider how their names look and sound, and I didn't make up ridiculous ways to spell their names. Whassup with that?
    gvillekilnbilly

Answer by gvillekilnbilly at 10:46 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• No, but i didnt give my son an unusual name either.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:48 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I did to a point. I am a teacher and I find kids with names that are just too hard to pronounce. I think it is best to also think about how your child may be judged on paper when applying for college or jobs before anyone meets him or her.
    tigerlily511

Answer by tigerlily511 at 10:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Yeah, you do know you're judged before you're even met! So if the top of your resume says Kaylee Brooke-Lynne you know they aren't going to take you seriously...unless you're applying for "cheerleader"!
    Anonymous

• Yes
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:10 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• No. But i have thought about what the initials will be. I knew a girl in HS who's initials were PMS. ...until she got married anyways.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2009