so this is a little gross but i dont know what to do my son who just turned one has been sick with diareah since saturday the thing is is that it is white with a hint of yellow he is not jaundice but started vomitting this morning i dont know what to do where i live there is no good place to take kids so i have to drive 2 hours to the nearst place please any advice???

mrsdeconnick

Asked by mrsdeconnick at 10:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Kids' Health

• If he is throwing up and having diarrhea, I would get him to a doctor asap because I'd be afraid of dehydration. It could be really serious. Kids can't go for very long without keeping fluids down. See if you can get him to keep down some Gatorade or Pediacare (more expensive)
    Good Luck.
    gvillekilnbilly

Answer by gvillekilnbilly at 10:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• He definately needs to be looked at... He might just be throwing up bile. But he could have an infection as well.
    Anonymous

• Urgent care. Diarrhea for more than 3 days needs to be checked. When you add in the new symptom of throwing up - take him in ASAP.

kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:24 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Yes I definitely agree, urgent care or ER ASAP. That's a long time for a baby to have diarrhea and like was mentioned now vomiting. Dehydration is a really serious risk. Better safe then sorry right? =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I am a sahm now but I was a licensed nurse and I am telling you to make that drive and get him seen immediately. there are several "tummy bugs" going around but most are only 24-48 hours this has been way too long and he needs to be evaluated.
    lakegeorge_mom

Answer by lakegeorge_mom at 10:22 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• get him to the hospital asap. My son had the same thing for like 3days when he 8 months, we ended up spending 4 days in the hospital, and he was still nursing. Your child needs to be seen.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 4:58 PM on Mar. 13, 2009