What should I do about my son ?

My son is 8 years old, He has ADHD and is on medication for it, since he was about 5 he's been peeing on his bedroom floor and hiding stools in his room (behind the dresser, in his closet, he's even put a hole in his boxspring and hid some in there) I've tried taking toys away, limiting tv time, cutting drinks off after 7 p.m, making him clean his messes up, and nothing seems to be working, I've asked him why he does it and he just gives me an "I don't Know" I've told the doctors about it, and they seem to just ignore the problem. I'm at a loss here and don't know what else to do, I've also put a "toddler potty" in his room but that didn't work, I thought maybe he was doing it because he was afraid to use the big toilet, but that's not the case either. Someone please help!! Does anybody else's child do this? or am i alone?

swtangelklly25

Asked by swtangelklly25 at 10:34 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I recommend seeing a Developmental Pediatrician or a Behavioral Psychiatrist. Children find "funny" ways to express their issues. Someone trained to know what certain behavioral patterns indicate and how to talk to a child unable to express himself, can help you address the issues, formulate a plan to correct them, and your son, who is clearly unable to tell you why he does what he does at this point, I'm sure will someday thank you for helping him!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:07 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I think that this is not typical behavior and that you should talk with his doctor or get another doctor if they will not address this problem! He needs to be helped and you need some guidance!
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 1:57 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• This sounds more than a normal ADHD thing...you should definitely seek out professional help. This is sad...I'm so sorry.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 9:11 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• just give lot of hugs and kiss.
    deb1harris37

Answer by deb1harris37 at 9:18 AM on Mar. 12, 2009