how hard is it in az to get custody of your grandbabies?

the kids dad (my son) has been arrested and is looking at doing time, the mother has a drug addiction to oxicodine and so does her mother...I need advise on grandparents rights in arizona. I have read a few things, it doesnt look like arizona makes it easy...If anyine could please help me I would deeply appreciate it..Im a single mom raising a 15 yr old alone as well

maggie_c

Asked by maggie_c at 10:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• I can't tell you about AZ specifically, but I do know that DCFS tries to keep families together. So if the mother is making any attempt at all to clean up, you probably won't be able to get custody. Sad in your case, but necessary to keep grandparents from trying to get custody over trivial matters.
    Mergath

Answer by Mergath at 10:42 PM on Mar. 11, 2009