My SO doesnt want to have sex because Im pregnant

I understand that some men feel weird about it but it makes me feel even more unattractive than what I already feel like.

Breezy1988

Asked by Breezy1988 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• My SO was like that when I started to show.. not because he wasn't still attracted to me, but he became to afraid of possibly hurting the baby... so we went to the doctors and I had my doctor talk to him about how sex is still safe.. he also gave us a few pamplets with different possitions that are more safe for pregnant women, to help SO out.
    Some guys are just afraid because of the baby.. it's not about being unattractive... and then you have a few that are weirded out about sex (a gf of mine told me about her bf having this problem) when a women is pregnant, because they feel wierd having thier privates that close to the head of their child...
    best thing to do is talk it out with him.. your a pretty girl, so I doubt that it's because he's unattracted to you.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:18 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I'm sorry. Maybe have him go to the Dr with you abnd hear for himself that it is ok. I know that can be tough, my dh did that with our first baby too. He came around though, the good thing is most men can only hold out for so long!
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry your not unattractive.... pregnancy is a beautiful thing. I am sure your SO is just weirded out or maybe thinks he could "hurt" the baby. I agree take him to your next appointment and point out having sex is okay during pregnancy!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 10:49 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My so has never said he has a problem with it. But, if i ever worry that he does. I let him know exactly how i feel at that point (without making him feel horrid of course) I tell him, that he knows there is no health issues. And that as a pregnant girl i already feel very unattractive. Know that he is there to be with me and hold me makes me feel like the most beautiful women in the world.
    He then feels silly and apologises and we have awesome sex.

Also, let him know women are far more likely to orgasm when pregnant. :)
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 10:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I went through the same thing. My ex husband was so afraid to have sex with me and didn't want to cause he said he was going to hit the baby. Or something like that. I had him go to the doctor with me. She showed him where the cervix is and how he wont hurt the baby. He was fine after.
    foreveryours66

Answer by foreveryours66 at 12:31 AM on Mar. 12, 2009