how can i get my lil boy to potty train ive done all i know to do

cindy735

Asked by cindy735 at 10:58 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• YOU NEED TO RELAX! I'm assuming that he is quite young since you posted this in toddler's 1-2 years of age? My pediatrician gave me a good thought one day..."you cannot control what a child puts into their mouth or what comes out the other end..." if they don't want to...they won't. If they're not ready...they won't. But he will eventually get around to it. Boys typically potty train a bit later than girls. My daughter had all the skills...knew the routine what was to happen, etc. She just wasn't ready. And then one day...age 2 1/4...she announced she no longer wanted to wear pull ups and was ready for her Princess big girl pants and that was the last of the pull ups. Never an accident. But it had to be HER decision! So I suggest you relax. Make sure he understands all the elements. Make it easy for him (buy the right potty seat inserts and clothes) and help him but don't push him. This is nothing to battle over
    AislinnAsparas

Answer by AislinnAsparas at 11:12 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Yep, put it all away for now. Out of sight, out of mind. Relax. Change some diapers. And try again in a few months.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Wow thanks that really helps me out and I wish AislinnAsparas luck.
    bigmomma2006

Answer by bigmomma2006 at 1:09 AM on Mar. 12, 2009