Water births.....

I found out the hospital I am giving birth at will let you have a water birth. I am really considering this and I would like to know any information and experiences that you have to share.

hypersquirrel

Asked by hypersquirrel at 10:58 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You will probably have an orgasm while birthing.
    Anonymous

• Anon, WTH? I've never heard of that. I didn't get to give birth in the tub, but I did labor in the tub for quite awhile. I thought it was so relaxing. The contractions didn't feel as intense and I could just float. You should definitely give it a try. If you hate it, just get out of the tub.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:21 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I'm sure the experiences are a little different for everyone. With my son I went into a whirlpool at the hospital to try to ease the pain before I could get the epidural and it did not work for me. I was so uncomfortable and still was in a lot of pain. I also felt sick to my stomach, but that didn't have anything to do with the whirlpool, but I ended up throwing up and I didn't make it all in the bag I was given. Just give it a shot and see how you like it, just like Rebecca said you can get out of the tub if it doesn't work for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• water births are fantastic, much better and safer than drugs. you just need to be prepared for them! I would definitely do it, especially if a hospital was my option. I can't give you info based on experience but can tell you that I know many women who have done both (epidural and water birth) and the water birth was BETTER than their epidural birth. :)

there are tons of websites our there, and birth stories out there! good luck.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:20 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• http://www.waterbirth.org/mc/page.do
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:49 AM on Mar. 12, 2009