I am about 5 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Yesterday I woke up with some spotting. I went to the Dr and he did a pelvic exam, and an ultrasound. He said that my cervix was nice and closed, and he seen the yolk sack in my uterus. I am still bleeding a bit and have another test tomorrow to check my HCG levels. Has anyone had this happen? or does anyone have any adivce?

imeverettsmom

Asked by imeverettsmom at 11:13 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had the same thing happen that you are going through it seems to be something that happens to a lot of girls when there pregnant i had my first who is now 15 months old....I thought i was having my period when i was really pregnant it was a light pinkish spotting an then i found out i was pregnant went to the drs an they said the same thing about me....the suggestions i got from my dr was to sit and relax with my feet elevated and don't do anything strainful...your dr will probably give u a limit that u can lift and i would listen to the dr b/c if u go over that limit you will start spotting again....I dealt with the spotting my whole pregnancy off an on so as long as ur cervix is closed and baby is ok theres nothing to worry about just take ur prenatals everyday and enjoy pregnancy hope this helped
    Litlegourd

Answer by Litlegourd at 11:34 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Thank you. That helps me out and gives me confidence :)
    imeverettsmom

Answer by imeverettsmom at 11:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I had bleed throughout my first trimester, I was about 5wks as well when i started to bleed. My dr told me a litte blood is normal, My dr told me with the bleeding to take it easy and to drink plenty of water. I hope this helps :) congrats on teh pregnancy!
    Mlass

Answer by Mlass at 12:13 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I only spotted during sex in my early pregnancy...Doctors say it's normal for some women to spot in general, even without having sex. In your case, as long as your cervix is nice and close then you shouldn't worry, the baby is doing great and it's alive! Say thank god and take it easy, I know you might be a bit worried and it's normal but try to think positive. You will be fine!
    TheBeautyOfLife

Answer by TheBeautyOfLife at 2:15 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I bled a lot at one time with my daughter, I was terrified and sure I was losing her. The doctor said it wasn't uncommon and put me on bed rest for a couple of weeks. He called it a threatened miscarriage.
    LoriW

Answer by LoriW at 4:56 PM on Mar. 14, 2009