MY LIZARD JUST LAID AN EGG! i dont have an incubator and they eat their own eggs... anyone know waht i can do?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 11:13 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Pets

• Good Morning ! Congrats on the little eggies!
    I found this on a site:

My Texas Spiny Lizard laid eggs and i do not no what to to do with them, she covered them and i have 2 lamps one inferred and one UV should I jsut keep the normal routine or crickets, light, spraying water?

you should carefully remove them with out rolling them and place in slightly damp 70% sand 30% peat moss mix in a container to help control humidity keep them about 83 degrees and mist the top once every 2 weeks to keep some moisture in. Keep a lid on with a few air holes in the container. if they are fertile the will hatch in about 60 days. if they are infertile they will mold in a few weeks or less. TRY NOT TO KEEP THEM TOO WET.
    blujeanlady62

Answer by blujeanlady62 at 6:51 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• LOL i have no idea but this made me chuckle..
    MY LIZARD JUST LAID AN EGG. hehe :)
    Mama2Mase

Answer by Mama2Mase at 11:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• did you breed your lizard? Is the male in the cage with her?

my dad used some sort of heat lamp I think. with moist papertowels. he sprayed them a couple times a day. I think.
    read up on what temperature the egg needs to be and see if your hratlamp will keep the egg that warm. also read what other breeders do.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:21 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Sorry I got nuthin, but Im right there with Mama2.
    LOL!
    luvMIIsk8rBoi

Answer by luvMIIsk8rBoi at 11:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• stop laughing.. lol.. i know its funny...
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 11:42 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• OMGosh! this question just about made me pee my pants!!! laughing I am so sorry, I thought it was a joke and when I opened it and assumed it wasn't... well, I just can't quit laughing. Unfortunately the only thing I can tell you about eggs is how to cook them! I'm sure you can probably google it and find all the info you need. Best wishes!
    ps. I'm not laughing at you I'm laughing with you! (I hope!)

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• easter eggI thought this question sounded so cute I actually wanted to wake up my kid to see it. I could just picture you going "HUH!, OMG! is that...is that an egg???

Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:03 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Guess we need to go back to science class... how else do lizmards come into the world !~
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:49 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• http://www.reptileforums.net/forums/lizards/32055-my-iguana-just-laid-an-egg-without-mating.html is a good link to look at
    blujeanlady62

Answer by blujeanlady62 at 6:52 AM on Mar. 12, 2009