Do you ever feel like nobody likes you?

I've never had a ton of friends but recently just pretty much lost the ones I had left. It wasn't over any type of drama because I'm way too old for all that but they just all pretty much left me out of everything. I'll admit I can be a little anti-social at times but I'm not that bad. It's just like people forget about me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• I have felt that way. People fall in and out of touch. Maybe they just think that they've fallen out of tough with you. Don't be too shy to call a friend up and invite her over for coffee or out to lunch. Make a point to do it. I know how you feel, and sometimes it's hard to make the effort. If you want to keep the friendships up you've gotta work though. It's not you, it's just that these things always happen if we let them.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:18 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• what do you mean are talking about guys or girls? yes sometimes i feel like people dont like me but i dont let it bother me because like i always say the world gose around and you dont need that and you should not feel like that you will always find sonebody
    erica2525

Answer by erica2525 at 11:19 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Girls. I still have my husband and my son who like me! I hope lol. But I no longer really have any girl friends.
    Anonymous

• It's happened to me and I have come to the realization that it's life... People grow apart, and it's sad to say but you find out who your true friends are as time goes by...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 11:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• As soon as I got married I felt alienated by my friends. I mean moving to a new city and everything its hard to connect or even find a good girlfriend!
    Anonymous

• I am definitely in the same boat. I have 3 close girlfriends from college. They were always together and I'd sit things out a lot because I like my alone time. So, a lot of times they'd forget to call me and invite me to come to an event because I wasn't with them all the time. It really hurt my feelings!
    Anyhow, they were my bridesmaids and they're my only close girlfriends. I called them like 2 months ago because I wanted to tell them I'm pregnant and I wanted to do it on a conference call with all 4 of us. They're together almost everyday and I still haven't gotten a call from them even though they know I have something important to tell them.
    It stinks, but when you aren't as social as your friends, they will leave you out sometimes without even thinking about it. Don't take it personally.
    If I were you, I'd get some mom friends. But be happy that you have your family.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 11:42 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• In order to have friends, you have to be a friend. That mean being active, networking, socializing, picking up the phone to chat, keeping in touch. Having friends is hard work..you have to work at it. If your anti-social and always say no when invited, eventually you'll be categorized as someone not interested. Even if you don't feel like it sometimes take the initiative, schedule a lunch together or a girl night out. Having a family that loves you is great..but sometimes you need friends to remind you there's life out there.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• yes, I went down that road before.. mostly it just leads to making new friends.. friends come and go in your life, some leave imprints, others leave lessons, but new ones come and teach you more..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:32 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• : xxhazeldovexx that is the cutest saying EVER!!!! thank you for sharing that!!

I have the same problem. I have been in UT for 2 yrs now and I still haven't made a friend. I hang out with my cousin in law sometimes but she doesn't invite me to hang out with her and her friends. I get along with my hubbys friends wives but same thing they don't invite me over (not even for a play date with our kids) I have one really good friend but because she is in WA we dont ever talk anymore. It is kind of hard making friends when your a stay at home mom with no car LOL :D
    Leauna

Answer by Leauna at 3:59 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• yep sure do
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 12, 2009