How much did your laporoscopy cost and how long before you were able to lift the kids and take care of things on your own?

My doctor wants to schedule a second one for my endometriosis. My last one was 6 years ago, but I have really been struggling with it since. I am just wondering how long it took you to heal and how much it ended up costing. I was on my mother's insurance with the last one and she never told me. My insurance is estimating anywhere from 5K to 15K. And I was ok after 3 weeks, but I have a younger child this time around, so I know that will make a difference. Thanks ladies.

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Health

• I don't remember the cost, but I know when I had exploratory laproscopic surgery in that area, I recovered very quickly. I basically spent the day of the surgery at a friend's house so she could watch my kids but I was home alone with them after that & they were 2 & 3 at the time. As long as they didn't hit me right at the insertion site, I was fine. Best of luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:19 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I recovered very quickly and was doing normal activity within a couple of days.  It is hard to remember because it was so long ago.

It didn't cost me anything because I live in a country with universal health care.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:51 AM on Mar. 12, 2009