Does your kid get money from relatives?

And if so what do you do with it?

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 11:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• On a whim I had gotten a really cute piggy bank for my daughter before she was born. Every penny she has gotten since birth has gone into that piggy back. Its funny, when hubby's paychecks are stretched to the max... we comment on how she has more money than we do. We don't even know how much is in there. Its the kind that you really have to break to get whats in it. There are also the receipts for the savings bonds my parents get for her in there. She gets one for almost every major holiday and birthday. I'll have to get a different bank to set up the same scenario with my new baby.
    katskelington

Answer by katskelington at 3:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Yes on holidays. When my son was little I tried saving it but it got spent to pay bills or buy groceries. Now that he is older and knows he can spend it on toys he keeps it in his piggy bank.
    Anonymous

• Yes my mom sends my kids $50 each for their birthdays and $20 each per month just because. They are allowed to spend the money they get from my mom and they save the allowance they get from me.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:34 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Not yet. Well, actually, he has gotten checks for his birth and for Christmas. I bought the things he needed with some of it and saved the rest. I do want to teach him how to save his money cuz lord knows I suck at that!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:54 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• not yet. but when she does, if its for birthday or Christmas she will get to spend/save it as she pleases. but if its a large amount for no reason & i recieve it, i will keep it saved for her for later.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:54 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Yes, their grandparents, aunts, uncles, great aunts are very generous. All their money goes to a CD we set up for them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• My kids get $25 from my husband's grandmother and $100 from my grandfather for their birthday. We spend it on clothes and toys and other things that they need. We tried at first to save it for them, but we suck at saving money and it would end up eventually going to cover an unexpected bill or something. So now I make sure it gets spent on things for them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• We put it in her bank account. She's had one since I found out I was pregnant.. and my parents have a seperate one for her.. she's loaded lol.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:10 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• my older kids do sometimes...they spend it. My 2 younger ones don't  though.(different relatives)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Yes my grandparents send my boys money sometimes for birthdays or christmas. Sometimes my mother does.

I put it in their keepbox or we use it for something fun like pizza day or nuggets for their lunch.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 12:35 AM on Mar. 12, 2009