What do you hate about infant formula?

Seriously? We must all hate at least one thing about it. Do you hate the marketing practices, the lack of studies. nothing more than the cost, the way it smells? What do YOU hate about infant formula? (You can put more than 1 thing, or even "everything about it.")

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• the smell and the way it makes poop smell eww
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I didn't really care for the smell, but I love the fact that it nourished my preemie baby when I was unable to breastfeed her. She is now a very healthy, developmentally perfect 2 yr old.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 12:05 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• The smell and the way it gets all weird in the bottle of you don't shake it up right (especially if it gets stuck that way inside the nipple).
    MommaCassE

Answer by MommaCassE at 12:05 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Well the melamine in it for one. When all of our pets were dying from eating melamine contaminated dog food it was "Ooooh damn the Chinese!" but as soon as it was revealed that it was in all the baby formula the FDA declared it safe. WTF? Soon they'll be touting the health benefits of melamine just so they don't have to issue a recall. Sorry, tangent.

aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 12:05 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I hate the way it smells. I hate how it gets stuck in the nipple. I hate the price (nutramigen-$25.97 for a 16oz. can-lasts like 3 days).
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 12:07 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I hate that I couldn't breastfeed, and resent how I am supposed to be so happy about the formula.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I hated the way it stained their clothes! I would so much rather have breastfed, but was unable to. :o(
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:09 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• the smell and that it makes babys spit up GROSS so glad my sons off formula
    Litlegourd

Answer by Litlegourd at 12:10 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I hate how spit up stains can't get out of the baby clothing! I am glad breast milk spit up washes easily.
    Imamom4sure

Answer by Imamom4sure at 12:11 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I was reading through here and I noticed alot of answers were that the formula is clumpy in the bottle and gets stuck in the nipple...so here is my suggestion:

I went to wal-mart and found a little hand mixer...it was like $3 then went on clearance for $1.50. it is made by prince lionheart...

The $3 that I spent on this mixer was well worth it...it takes 2 seconds to mix up a bottle. NO MORE SHAKING!!!

Here is the link to the princelionheart.com for the actual mixer so you can see what it looks like!
    http://www.princelionheart.com/site/f_2250.html
    Mishy11583

Answer by Mishy11583 at 12:20 AM on Mar. 12, 2009