• In the Spotlight:

Sign of the cross (Christians please)

Do you make the sign of the cross on yourself (head, chest, shoulder, shoulder) ? Why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The Sign of the Cross ties in with wisdom about our chakras. (I grew up Catholic and in Catholic high school we were taught extensively about other religions)
    The gesture of the Sign of the Cross correspond with the qualities of specific chakras:
    In the Name of the Father - we touch the middle of our forehead, where the "third eye" of spiritual perception and where our thinking are .... And the Son - we touch the middle of our chest, where the heart chakra and our feeling /soul are centered ( Christ is Love, so this is very appropriate) .... And the Holy ... Spirit - we touch each of our shoulders, an indication of our aura, and in order to finish the geometric symbol around ourselves. ... The Cross symbol is a portrayal of the Earth (the horizontal line) being infused with the Divine from above ( a vertical line from above to below). Christ did not choose death on the cross randomly. He is the Divine which entered Earth.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• No, I don't. Because I'm not Catholic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Well my dad's side is Catholic and my mom's side is Christians. With the Catholic side we do it everytime we pray but with the Christian side we don't.
    Kenzies_mama

Answer by Kenzies_mama at 12:10 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Nope we do not
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 12:38 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• No, because it's a Catholic thing, and I'm not catholic, I'm Christian Reformed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I'm no longer a practicing Catholic, but I've caught myself doing it from time to time.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:49 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Yes, my children and I do it everytime we pray.
    anniegregory

Answer by anniegregory at 12:57 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• you dont have to just be catholic you can do it as a just away to remind yourself of the cross..and I am a Christian
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 1:16 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• No I do not idolize the cross. I worship the One who died for me and is now alive.reigning in Heaven with His Father!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:27 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• As far as I know that is a Catholic thing. I'm a former Catholic and that is how I was taught to pray. I don't think many Christians do that, but I could be wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:20 AM on Mar. 12, 2009