Does anyone else feel like morals are getting looser and looser, do ever feel like your kids are growing up in a world where anything goes.

I guess I never thought of myself as a prude or a fuddy duddy, but it just seems like morals just don't matter anymore. Everything is so based on sex, TV, magazines, new age parenting, all kinds of stuff. I even heard someone tell me she lets her 15 yo have sex in her home so at least she knows where she's at. I know people that buy their kids beer, don't care what they watch on tv. If you care they say you are sheltering them. I always thought I'd be the cool mom, but I just have a hard time with all the constant sexual exsposure, and sense of entitlement kids get these days. Please, don't ridicule me for my feelings, they won't change...I was just wondering if anyone else was feeling this way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I could not agree more! Wish I had written your post!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:12 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Sexual exsposure should definitely be held off until they're older. While on the topic, whatever happened to manners? I blame the rudeness on the parents. I learned manners from my parents, but no one seems to be passing it on anymore.. it disgusts me!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:12 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• i totally agree I think to many parents let to much go on! After all these children aren't raising themselves! whenever i see kids doing something wrong i just say " WOW some parents" and walk away maybe they'll take a hint!
    MrsDeputy

Answer by MrsDeputy at 12:18 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I think I am a cool mom but not cool enough to let my son have a MySpace acct at the age of 10. My neice is 11 and has a MySpace acct., a new "boyfriend" every week, is well aware of her overdeveloped body and her mom buys her clothes to show it off and her aunt lets her watch The L-word. She is overly and openly curious about sex and it just makes me sad because her mom just doesn't get it. The cool thing is that my son is not interested in MySpace, nasty stuff when regarding to sex and is still into playing with his action figures. He does like to watch Jackass but if it gets too crazy, I change it for a few minutes.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:24 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• i feel like that to. my friends 7 year old knows about sex and stuff that he shouldnt know about. i thought i would be a cool mom to but if that includes buying my daughter beer or letting her have sex in my house then i guess i wont be a cool mom.
    lmaines22

Answer by lmaines22 at 12:24 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I don't like being called ignorant and judgmental because I choose to have values. People often assume I'm some sort of over the top Christian(which is unfairly stereotyping Christians)just because I choose to teach my kids values and morals. We are not of any religious denomination.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:26 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• No, I just think that parents are either too lazy, too preoccupied, or too scared to raise their kids. A lot of parents these days want to be their kid's best friend, or they're afraid that CPS will get called because kid's these days make all kinds of wild threats. If more parents got some balls and got their priorities in order, we wouldn't have all of this going on.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 12:26 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I agree with you completely! And I don't think you are a fuddy duddy, I think your a great mother. These days parents are too afraid to tell their kids NO, they want to be friends with their children. Well these kids don't need friends they need a parent.
    Julia0331

Answer by Julia0331 at 12:26 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I absolutely agree! My oldest is 4 and I'm terrified about the infulence his school friends will have in his life. I've been getting to know some of the parent's in my son's class and am shocked at some of their views and reactions to things. Would love to put my kids in a bubble and keep them innocent and ignorant to the outside world!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:27 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Steff107, THANK YOU!

You do not have to believe in God to have morals and values. I am atheist, and atheists seem to be synonymous with lack of morals and values and it really makes me angry.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 12:29 AM on Mar. 12, 2009