You know what 'Grinds my Gears'?

Stupid signitures!
Is anyone else bothered by them? They really are getting annoying... & I know they have 'trends' people like to follow, (the pinup girls, w/ your name?) but this new one "i am a vaccinating... BFing... do what i want, when I want mom.." gets on my nerves.
Are you really so insecure about yourself & your responses, that you have to defend all your decisions, that don't affect anyone but you!, before you even say what you want to say? Do you really think people care about your life story when your responding to, oh lets say, a recipe suggestion post?
Just me? :p

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in About CafeMom

• You forgot tattoed and screwed...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Ha!Ha! I love it!!! I'm sure we all secretly have these feelings but we would be called judgemental if we admitted to them! I'm with you ANON! They are kind goofy. Let's sit here and argue in circles, pro life, pro choice, co sleep, no sleep, PETA, meat eata, breastfeed, bottle feed. No one agrees in the end, blah, blah, blah....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Check your privacy+settings. You can change it so you don't have to see them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Oh yeah, all the pinup girl pictures are trashy. I bet they totally do NOT look that way in real life, I know I don't!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Exactly @ Anon 12:36

It just puts it out there in case anyone wants to know. I don't have one of those obviously, but I think it's interesting because a lot of people try to hide all of that stuff because of being afraid of bashing. So when people put it out on front street it's like "Here's all of it, what can you do?" I like it.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 10:04 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Ahh another Family Guy fan :-)

Yes, I find those signatures abbrasive. I am all for being proud of what you believe in (...and am maybe a little sad for your kids that you ONLY follow ONE style of parenting per issue instead of custom-parenting your kids....). However, it seems as though it's a very passive-aggressive way of being "I am woman hear me roar" and almost like they're picking a fight lol.

I also dislike some of the half-naked siggies lol. I'm proud of the way I look (inprefections and all!) and don't feel the need to display my naked "alter-ego" on cartoon form on Cafe Mom. It just looks a little trashy and immature to me. SOME are tastefully done...some are just not becoming of mature, young women though.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:32 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I think it really doesn't matter to me. How other people express themselves is really not my concern. I have kids to raise and a house to keep clean. Little things like a signature expressing an opinion or lifestyle don't even get a second glance from me.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 12, 2009