Im 3 months pregnant and still have morning sickness.

I've had it for 7 weeks now, im taking precriptions to help but i still feel nauses. Can someone give me hints to help. I've tried the cracker thing, and drinking lemonade..plus a few others..any food i should stay away from? drinks?

aidensmom1984

Asked by aidensmom1984 at 12:28 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• EMTROL! You can find it @ just about every pharmacy. It tastes terrible, smells just as bad, but it was the ONLY way I made it through 2 of my pregnancies! I couldn't keep nothing down almost the whole pregnancy. It REALLY works! Good Luck! If the pharmacy doesn't carry it, they can order it!
    P.S. Hold your nose as you swallow it, once it's down, it smooth sailing. The hardest part is taking it! But you'll be glad you did!
    TamiG310

Answer by TamiG310 at 9:31 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I still had morning sickness at 3 months also. It sucked. I had pills too and I tried EVERYTHING I could think of and nothing helped. I had to suffer. Hope you find something though....
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 12:36 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I had it through out my whole pregnancy, first one anyway, the last 2 weren't as bad...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 12:40 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Some people have it the whole 9 months. I hope you aren't one though. Try nibbling on candied ginger. You can find it in the spice aisle or the Asian food aisle. Another option is actual ginger ale. You may have to hunt to find some - if you have a BevMo near you, they'll have some. You are looking for one that has actual ginger in the ingredients. Canada Dry does not. There have been actual studies done that found that ginger was better at calming nausea than dramamine. It's a perfectly edible food so it's worth a try!

kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:43 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I had morning, noon and night sickness with my first child and so far 7 months of my second child. Usually if you have morning sickness later in the day it's because you aren't eating frequently enough. I second the ginger ale. It helped me out a lot. Also, just try to find crackers that you like. I would try a cracker, it would work at first and stopped working. Then I would switch to another kind. Arrowroot Biscuits worked for me. Drinking orange juice right when I wake up helped for a while, too.

I'm really sorry. It sucks to have morning sickness. I never took any meds for it or anything, but just experiment and see what works for you.

daniella_mae

Answer by daniella_mae at 1:32 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I've had it too with my first preg, it took me longer than 3 months to recover this annoying pregnancy symptom
    TheBeautyOfLife

Answer by TheBeautyOfLife at 2:03 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Try peppermint candy.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 2:44 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I'm 16 weeks and still have some morning sickness. I found ginger pills help sometimes and for the most part I drank powerade. nothing worked.
    bearcat84

Answer by bearcat84 at 3:39 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I puked constantly until 20 weeks or later during both pregnancies. I have no words of advice. Nothing worked for me. But I wanted to wish you well and tell you I hope you feel better soon!
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 9:05 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• oh goodness. i feel for you. i was that way until i wanna say the end of the third month. i would suggest staying away from orange juice, because of the acid.. thats from my experience, and oranges in general. I drank alot of water, gatorade (even tho the drs told me to watch the gatorade because it might make me retain more water), and apple juice. I also kept a bag of peppermints handy, because ive always heard that peppermint is supposed to soothe your stomach. it worked, but its not like magic.
    The prescriptions didnt work for me at all, I felt like it made me more sick..so i stopped taking it.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 8:00 PM on Mar. 12, 2009