Need Fundraising Ideas

My oldest son is on a shooting competition team for 4-H and this past weekend he won the State of Florida Muzzle Loader/Black Powder division and will be going to the Nationals again this year. Nationals will be held in Nebraska and we have to pay for all expenses. This is his 2nd year going (last year it was for shotgun). We have 3 kids from our 4-H group going as a team and we are looking for some fundraising ideas. Last year, we cooked spaghetti dinners, raffled off some items that were donated, had a fish fry and a few other things.
I am looking for other ideas. Does anyone know of anything that would be a good fundraiser for 3 kids? Maybe something you have actually done? I have looked online and have found several things but they would work better for larger groups. Some of them you have to have a minimum of 100 kits. That's way too many for only 3 people.
Any suggestions?

BrendaMomOf3

Asked by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:32 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• You'll want to do something that goes along with the theme. See if a locals hunting/fishing supply store will donate something for a raffle. If that fails try a 3 family garage sale. How old is your son? Maybe the rest of his club could get behind those that will be going and host a bake sale, offer babysitting services or lawn mowing.
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 1:32 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I have a great idea! Ever heard of Scentsy? It's wickless candles/warmers that are inexpensive and smell WONDERFUL! It'd love to set up a fundraiser for you and your kids. It's the only thing that I've dealt with that literally sells itself. Please PM me for details! www.scentsy.com/toniagalloway
    mom630

Answer by mom630 at 12:40 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I don't know how well these boys will do selling candles. I don't see them being interested in it.
    I'll look at the link you left and if I have any questions, I'll let you know.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:48 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• how much time and how much money are you looking at raising?
    rsgomezii

Answer by rsgomezii at 1:27 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Team up with Papa Murphy's pizza. They have great fundraising opportunities.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:58 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• We have a little over 3 months. The average cost for each child is around $850.
    The age of the kids are 15, and 2 are 17.
    The raffle did good last year. I had a furniture company donate a gun cabinet and we sold raffle tickets for that. I am going to hit them up again :)
    Last year we did fundraising only for my son. 2 of the kids didn't decide to go until the last minute and everything was out of pocket for them. So I did all the fundraising with family help.
    It would be nice to get the other club members involved but honestly, there's only about 3-4 kids/families that actually get off their butts and do anything for the club. I surely can't see them helping these kids raise money. A bake sale and car wash are also on our to-do list. They do real well.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 2:19 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Susie, I've never heard of Papa Murphy's pizza.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 2:20 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Awesome--congratulations on the excellent shooting:-) How about offering work for money? You can either raffle off a day of work or offer certain chores at a set price. Make fliers, go on the local radio station, etc. Ask for sponosrs from local businesses.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• You can also offer a day of baby sitting if the kids are so inclined. You can offer this through local gyms, stores, mothers' groups. Little kids LOVE older kids to play with them:-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Since I love to bake, my first thought for a fundraiser is a bake sale! They're so much fun to participate in and so much fun for the people buying too!!! I love cooking for bake sales and I love going to them
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 12:32 AM on Mar. 13, 2009