does anyone know a good brand of hair dye? i want to do mine purple or pink.

i've used manic panic before, and it lasted for a few weeks. does anyone know of any way to make the color last longer or of another dye that lasts longer? i bleached my hair so what ever i use will show up better.

julianasprotege

Asked by julianasprotege at 12:33 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Sorry, all I know for wilder colors is manic panic. I know that Revelon I think makes a chunking kit in a pretty purple color.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:34 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• There are many professional brands of crazy colors that are sold to professionals only. As a stylist and a huge fan of funky colors your best bet would be to do it professionally for best results. They can access some really kick ass, even toned, long lasting shades. Believe me I've tried em all! I wouldn't suggest trying anything like manic panic, they have metallic salts in them, metallic salts can cause a chemical reaction if a new color or chemical is introduced. I've seen hair fall out and smoking hair. Have fun but be careful!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:45 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I would definitely check with your local salon. The salon that I use sold me some fabulous hair color. I wish I could remember the name of it now.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 12:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• try Splat hair color..they sell at Walgreeens and WalMart I think..its like $11 and they come in Silver, Blue,Purple, Pink, Blue, Red and Orange..the kit includes bleach and color..I used it when I dyed my hair pink
    RaulitosMommy

Answer by RaulitosMommy at 1:50 AM on Mar. 13, 2009