Do you think too many mothers on this site are cps trigger happy

you know the ones. They need a little excitement in their lives so they look for reasons to call or say cps should be called and if they can't find one they will fashion one out of a non issue

sexy_with_5

Asked by sexy_with_5 at 12:50 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes I was telling my husband this. I felt CPS is like 911, only for real emergencies, and people don't seem to be able to distinguish what constitutes a CPS call. Just like people call 911 for stupid reasons.

The system is already backed up enough and the more people put in frivolous calls the worse it gets. Also people dont' realize how serious CPS is. They should really think twice before making the call and think how they would feel if someone called CPS on them for something stupid.

I have yet to ever call CPS on anyone and would give it some serious thought before doing so.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I had a friend who lived in an apt. and when a delivery person was passing in the hall she heard her yell at one of her boys. The lady boldly knocked on the door and called her out on yelling at the kid. She had no idea what the situation was and told my friend that she was going to call cps on her. Well she did and my friend was terrified at what the outcome would be. She was in a panic when they made an appt. to come and see her and her kids. Turned out that things were fine and the case worker had no issue with what had apparently happened.
    There are far worse cases than a parent who has yelled at their kids.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:15 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Not just people on this site, but IRL too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I think people on this site can be over-dramatic about a lot of things. I have seen so many posts where women tell another to divorce their husband over stupid little things, not infidelity or abuse, but over a small arguement. Then so many, like you said, immediately jump to the call CPS answer. Also so many tell others to cut off all ties with their in laws or others over one thing. It is just the throw away attitude. It is much easier to abandon a relationship than it is to fix it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Amandah wtf??? I woulda been calling for that bitch's job. who does that
    sexy_with_5

Answer by sexy_with_5 at 7:53 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• granted anon 12:18 but some things can't be fixed and why become something your not just to keep to trying to fix an unfixiable problem. I would rather be the one with, what did you call it, a throw away attitude, Instead of the one who is the empty shell. I believe in fighting for what YOU think is right and if it can't be fixed, don't lose yourself in trying
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:14 PM on Mar. 14, 2009