• In the Spotlight:

Do you have a lazy baby?

I do, she's almost a year and is not crawling or trying to pull herself up. She wiggles slowly sometimes. But she really has no desire or need to get moving. Her brother and sister keep her well stocked with toys and entertain her.
Understand that I don't mind her staying put, it's easier on me! lol It's just different as her older sibs were moving as soon as they could. It's almost peaceful and I've not had to baby proof my house for a walker/crawler just yet.

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 1:23 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She is given plenty of challenges, she just dosen't have the desire.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:42 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• have you talked to u dr about this if not you need 2 b/c most babys are crawling by 1 mine is 15 months an crawling and is very advanced for his age but i would most def say if ur dr says its normal for ur child I personally would get another drs oppion b/c she should be crawling by now
    Litlegourd

Answer by Litlegourd at 1:29 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I would talk to her pedi. She should at least be crawling.
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 1:42 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Is baby just not being challenged enough to crawl? I know in the beginning I wasn't challenging my son enough, as I ALWAYS put his toys in arms reach.. and it seemed to take forever for him to crawl, but then a friend of mine suggested that regardless if he cried because he wanted it.. to put toys just out of reach.. and sure enough.. he crawled.
    cincodemayomom

Answer by cincodemayomom at 2:02 AM on Mar. 12, 2009