So what would you do?

I want to hear what people would do if they were president during this Economy.
My answer is posted in my journal entries.. (let me know if the post works, you may have to copy and paste it to your address bar)

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1418350/What_I_would_do

ps.. I am just curious what others would do.. so leave your answers below... Bashing is not allowed, if you can't answer the question without being rude or bashing, find another post to post on.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 1:32 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Copycat!! :p

Here ya go

oh and this:

this country was founded and started UNDER GOD?

was not

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:46 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Off the top of my head, tax penalties to companies who send jobs overseas when they can be done here at home. There's no reason companies cannot run their call centers here except that they think it's cheaper. And American workers pay the price.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:43 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• gidamante, good point. I tried to bring that up in another post.
    They don't realize they are hurting American workers by using others and building up other countries capital.

We need to start producing stuff and offering some goods. We no longer make ANYTHING in the use. Does anyone realize that? Nothing of value.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 2:00 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• A great way is to do away with the IRS. Have a 15%-25% consumption tax. That way all the illegal immigrants can no longer get out of paying taces by being paid under the table. And the rich will no longer have thier precious loop holes they use to get out of paying taxes. Some of the tax burden would be taken off of the middle and working class and the gov would make a whole lot more money.
    vkp23

Answer by vkp23 at 2:08 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• 1. Invent time machine.

2. Travel back to first pork package.

3. Institute immediate election to vote out porkulus pigs.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 2:41 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• The phrase "under god" didn't become a part of the national consciousness until the fifties. And I'm fairly certain the US was founded before then.
    Mergath

Answer by Mergath at 4:24 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I would like to see a fair tax implemented. That way instead of 151 million Americans paying taxes~300 million would be paying taxes. Similar to Huckabee's plan but with a little tweaking. It may generate similar revenue, there would be higher GDP, and most importantly it would do away with waste in Congress and the IRS.

I think those making under the cut (would be eligible for a prebateallowance) should be given a one time education credit to be used toward a tech school, community college, etc for a certificate, associate, trade, (etc...)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:21 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I must have missed something about the "under God" thing, lol. I will check out your journal in a few mins NotPanicking, lol. I just got tired of being asked this question, so I figured I'd post it so others could see what others had to say, and stop asking.... "well what would you do." lol. These are all great answers... I will come back later to pick the best one.. going to take me a minute, because they are all pretty good. I am surprized at how well this post went. Honestly if the women on here were running this country (on here refering to the above posters) we'd be in a hell of a lot better shape.

clapping

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:43 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I would have vetoes the stimulus with 8500 pork projects. I would put a freeze on hiring and pay raises, no more big lunches, no more fancy pens, no more use of gov vehicles, implement the fair tax, 9 to 5 working days with 1/2 hour for lunch. And, last but not least, I would put a muzzle on Pelosi and Reid.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 10:43 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• flat tax for individuals - no deductions. flat tax for businesses - tiered deductions based on the number of US citizens you employ. Line Item veto. Overhaul of the education system, no vouchers. Overhaul of the prison system, chain gangs. Healthcare reform. Make the lobby illegal. Term limits. A clear line in private funding and public funding.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 10:52 AM on Mar. 12, 2009