Is non-caffienated herbal lemon tea safe for a toddler to drink? (The Lipton brand)

Just wondering because I bought some for my sore throat and he's curious what mommy is drinking. I haven't let him taste it yet. Thanks!

.Tiggeroo87.

Asked by .Tiggeroo87. at 2:13 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Check with your pedi if you are concerned. I would say it should be fine. My DD has had a sip or two of decaf iced tea from me and she is still kicking. Just remember that even if something says decaf it still has some caffiene in it.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 6:56 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I have given my kids herbal tea before. it's fine
    TragicBeauty

Answer by TragicBeauty at 7:18 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Yes.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:29 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• YEAH NOT ALOT SUGER
    910chelle

Answer by 910chelle at 2:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Thanks ladies. Oh, and the package says "Caffiene Free". It doesn't say decaf. Is there a difference between the two? LOL
    .Tiggeroo87.

Answer by .Tiggeroo87. at 3:21 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• To say caffiene Free it can still have up to 2% caffiene in it, from what I've heard. I would say its fine every once in a while though. For your sore throat you should try Good Earth Original tea it is the best ever for when you're sick you can find it at HEB or Central Market!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 3:40 PM on Mar. 12, 2009