Is this ok

for a mom to leave her kids who are 8, 6 and 3 homealone while she goes out and drinks?. It's every other day from 6 pm-2 am. Is there anything that can be done about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would contact the ex and let him know whats going on and if he dosent do anything then you will contact the authorites. Lets not try to ruin the kids furtures yet, just because mommys a selfish pig!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:27 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Totally normal lol...seriously?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• No that is neglect. Only thing that can be done is to call CPS. I would leave her an anonymous note with a warning that you know she does it and that next time CPS will have the kids when she gets home.Then at least she had her warning.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Uh, YEAH!! Call DFYS on her! Talk to them, and tell them you have your suspicions and ask how you could prove that this is going on.

As much as I would like to go out and have a few drinks, I ALWAYS get a babysitter to watch my son. If I can't find one or afford one. I could live without those drinks until I can! WOW! I hate mothers who could even have the guts to do that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Well I also know her ex hubby. He works with mine should I let him know?
    Anonymous

• WTF! And nobody calls the police? Why? I would be the neighbor from hell if I knew this woman.
    lincsmom74

Answer by lincsmom74 at 2:22 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Should I call cps or the cops? Also 2 times a wk her other son comes over to watch the kids but he is 10. Then when she comes home she leaves again and goes to work from 2am-6am. Is a 10 yr old even legal to stay at home with out an adult.?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• The only reason I know so much is because her ex hubby and my hubby are friends and we were only "friends" cause of our hubbys. And she tells me all this stuff and i'm like WTF..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I was told by a Sheriff that as long as the kid knows right from wrong and what to do in an emergency then it is ok.I never asked about the babysitting part. But 8 years old? that sounds a little young. My son is 10 and although I trust him to be by himself, I have never left him alone and let alone in charge of other kids. The youngest is 3 so that definately warrants a call to the cops because they will witness it while it happens. CPS will show up when mom is home and she will say no, I never leave them alone.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:30 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• you have to be 12 to stay home without an adult i believe... definitely not normal
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:31 AM on Mar. 12, 2009