stress in pregnancy

Does anyone know the effects of high stress in pregnancy me and my fiance fight every night really bad and I am worried about the baby!

kLyhn3

Asked by kLyhn3 at 2:32 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I asked my Dr about stress during pregnancy and she said it is not ideal to be under stress but it will not hurt the baby in the long run.
    1andTrying

Answer by 1andTrying at 2:45 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Honestly....When my Mother was Pregnant with me my father and she were ALWAYS fighting....and since i was 3 i have bad pannic attacks....She left him got re married had 3 more kids and nine of them have that b/c she was happy.....I do believe that it does effect the baby
    MaMaTreZZa

Answer by MaMaTreZZa at 7:49 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Its not good for you or the baby. Try to work it out with your fiance...whatever you need to do.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:59 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Well, adding to your stress by worrying if you are damaging your baby won't help either way. I think most people are under some stress at least part of the time they are pregnant.....I know I was! Of course you should try to stay calm and peaceful but some normal stress isn't going to hurt you or the baby. The baby is pretty protected in there! Take some time to relax and try to avoid stress for a while at least, but don't worry too much.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:26 AM on Mar. 12, 2009