When did it start getting hard to poop?? (TMI)

I heard that constipation is normal, but how early did the constipation start?? I havent even hit 7 weeks yet & I have been having the hardest time going #2, & it hurts so bad when I do go...!!! Does it normally start this early, or is it something I'm eating??

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 2:50 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Try eating whole grain pop tarts. I've said it on here before. I used to only go maybe once every 3 days-like my entire life. I tried stool softeners, laxatives, activia, and other things and nothing worked. My sister suggested whole grain pop tarts and now I go every day if not more (sorry tmi).
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 8:30 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I'm not sure but you should get some Prunes or prune juice. That'll clear ya right up!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:52 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• For me it started that early. My MD says to try colace and metamucil or benefiber I've been taking the generic walmart brand metamucil tabs and it seems to work.
    bearcat84

Answer by bearcat84 at 3:37 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I had that problem til about 2 months go. but I would have a bowel movement about once each week. lol. but I just tried to take in as much fiber as I could. Sometimes it helped, sometimes it didnt. I'm 8 and a half months now and I can go better than I could ever before!
    CandieGirl09

Answer by CandieGirl09 at 3:46 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• in my first trimester i pooped way more then normal but now that im in my second trimester it is so hard, the only thing that has worked for me is prune juice. the stuff is awful tasting. it is absolutly disgusting but it does work wonders!!!!!!!!!! i try to drink one glass a day or every other day
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 7:07 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• IF YOUR EATING A LOT OF STARCHY FOODS THAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM ALSO, TRY EATING MORE VEGGIES AND DRINK LOTS OF WATER. THAT COULD ALSO HELP OUT SOME. ANOTHER GOOD THING TO TRY BEFORE THE GOD AWFUL PRUNE JUICE IS A YOGURT THAT WORKS WITH YOUR DIGESTIVE.
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 8:06 AM on Mar. 12, 2009