Pregnancy & Muscle Spasms.

I talked to my mom about her pregnancy with me and she told me that while she was in labor with me, she had muscle spasms throughout her legs and thighs. Sounds pretty painful! Lately, I have been feeling like my legs are also going to go into cramps but I just usually stretch them out and exercise more. How can I prevent this from happening to me while I'm in labor and even during pregnancy?

CandieGirl09

Asked by CandieGirl09 at 4:02 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Health

• I'm not sure about how to prevent it during labor and delivery but in general make sure you are consuming plenty of water. I am 38 wks and have managed to only suffer one leg cramp and I attribute that to the amount of water I consume daily. I've heard some people also recommend bananas for their potassium. I've not tried this though. Good luck.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 9:34 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Once you find out let me know I still have the muscle spasms 9 months after birth!!
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 10:58 AM on Mar. 12, 2009