why would she lie?

I babysit my good friend's kids regularly. I watched them last night. I was supposed to watch them the nigt before, but she called me last minute and told me her husband came home early, and she didn't need me to. Well, last night while I was making dinner, the kids were asking me what I was making. I told them, spaghetti and broccoli and chicken. The oldest one told me they had spaghetti the night before with the neighbor's daughter, who also babysits them. So WTH? Why did my friend lie to me about who babysat her kids? Im really bothered because lying is a HUGE PET PEEVE of mine. Im going to confront her, but what are your ideas on why she lied?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• This is confusing. I don't think you should confront her, especially if she pays you. Just let it go. If you are friends or she doesn't pay you, then you could ask in a casual manner, not a confrontation. You are aware now that this could be happening, so think about why she would prefer someone else over you, not that she does, there may have been something else going on. As beckcorc said, they might have decided to go out after calling you to cancel and decided to not bother you a second time. Assume this is what happened and let it slide.

Answer by Bmat at 8:11 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Maybe the kid just had her days mixed up? Kids don't always have the best perception of time. If that's not the case then maybe he husband did come home early so she called you to cancel, but then found out after the fact that he came home early because he had something to do? So she didn't want to bother you since she already gave you the day off so she asked the neighboer? It's a stretch I know...
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:10 AM on Mar. 12, 2009