Do people get "offended" too easily anymore?

Oh my lord, reading through some of these responses from people I just roll my eyes at how big of wimps people have become. A bunch of crybabies anymore. Offended at every single action. We scream freedom and tolerance just to turn around an complain about things we don't agree with. You've got to understand part of being free is EVERYONE is free to say and do things...so quick yer farking witching, everyone grow a pair and stop taking every thing so personally. We're turning in to a bunch of wussies and raising children that are gonna need coddled through out their lives.

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 8:06 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OMG , YES.. IT IS SO RIDICLOUS..PEOPLE NEED TO GET OVER IT..
    ASHLEY1436

Answer by ASHLEY1436 at 9:09 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Anyway, my short answer is YES.

LOL
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 8:06 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• i usually dont get easily offended. but i probably will today im in a mood lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:15 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• HA! More likely you're gonna do the offending....you know I'm right Jodi! lol
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 8:17 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• i know and your right to i may be a little more bitchy today than usual lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:19 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I have said it before, I don't care what other people do or say.... If they are on here complaining about something I usually pass the post up.. If it's a serious question and they need advice and I have had experience in it I will do my best to give advice..
    My answer to your question is no, I don't think people get offended to easy, I think some people need to remember that everyone has an opinion and we all have a right to voice it... And don't ask questions that are going to spark harsh opinions if you can't handle it...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 8:22 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I try to answer gently, but I respect those who bluntly say their opinion. Good for them for speaking their minds. As far as questions complaining, I approve of these, too. People should have the freedom to complain if something bothers them. Sometimes I suspect the complaining is from trolls, but sometimes a mom has a concern or something she wants to toss out to see how others think or if someone has a solution she hasn't thought of. Restricting the complaining is no different than restricting the responding.

Answer by Bmat at 8:26 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I absolutely feel that people in general are too easily offended. I feel like a lot of people just go around LOOKING for reasons to feel offended or oppressed. It drives me nuts, to be honest. As far as CM goes, if I see a post that is controversial, I usually pass it up, but sometimes I will post in a respectful way. I actually have the gift of tact and I feel that treating people with respect is really not that hard.... I can typically get my point across in a way that does not put people on the defensive. I like holding intelligent and respectful conversations, but unfortunately, that is impossible for a lot of people because they would rather have their panties in a wad all the time......
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:43 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Yup, we live in a world of Political correctness. Everyone feels they have the right to be offended by everything. i agree, people need to grow up and grow a pair. This generation coming up now, is going to be even worse. They are being taught that they are owed something simply for existing, and everyone is a winner. we are living in a world of sissies raising more sissies.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:03 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Oh forsure... Like there gods gift... LOL
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 9:07 AM on Mar. 12, 2009