MY SON IS CONSTANTLY INTO EVERYTHING.

Look I have 3 children I am not new at this. The house is child proofed my fridge is tied up and everything. I am constanly having to be after my son. Say if I am putting on a load of laundry he goes and climbs on the cabinets and trys to get stuff down. He is constantly into things like putting things in the aquarium..when i sit him at the table to eat he grabs his plate and runs in the living room and i cant even eat because I'm up chasing him. He gets punishments..time out toys taking away and stuff like that but nothing helps HOW DO I HELP CALM MY SON DOWN????
one thing i have tried is to let him play outside more...but he still has the energy to come in the house and get into everything. i have talked to the doctors and he isnt hyper active or anything and doesnt need meds soooooooooooo WHAT DO I DO SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME BEFORE I GO OUT OF MY MIND LOL

BBKMommy

Asked by BBKMommy at 8:34 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Get a dog....a high energized dog, such as a Lab. Labs will keep going until you settle them down. Have them chase each other around.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• dont u love having a 3 year old? lol. mine is also 3 and dose the same thing. but he knows when mommy says no dont touch. he is spanked not hard but enough for him to know ok dont do that again. and he's doing good. he will sneak something... like my coupons he thinks its dollars and when i come around the corner he will hide them in my bed. i say what did i say? u dont touch. i gave him a few xpired ones and hes happy with them. its a job in itself but they do and will learn. just be serious. good luck momma.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:41 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• welcome to motherhood
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:43 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I have a dog AND HE WARS THE DOG OUT LOL.... I have also gave hiim a few taps and told him no and alll that good stuff and i make sure to keep stern about him not doing the things he is doing and he still does it...thats the whole problem
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 9:02 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Have you given him specific things to do while you're busy? Like laundry - give him specific tasks to do like get the soap, help put the clothes in the laundry machine, put the clothes in the dryer. For dinner, don't chase him - that seems to be what he wants. This may be his way of getting your direct and focused attention, so don't give it to him and just remain at the table eating with the rest of the family, giving THEM your focused attention. Try to ignore the behavior that's getting you riled and focus on him when he's doing something you approve of. He's probably feeling like he has to compete for your attention and this, for him, works on getting it. Find other ways of giving him your focused one-on-one attention and see if that helps with the behavior.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 9:26 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Sometimes you need another Dr. opinion, that's what I did, come to find out my dd did have ADHD and medication at the time did NOT work, so I back to step 1, I found out that not giving them too much sugar, like sodas, candy watching TV too late really helped alot. I even tried keeping her up late at night just doing stuff, chores, etc..it made her sleepy and tired and after I got into a pattern things got better, YOU have to out-smart your kids. Think of ideas that will have YOU in control not him..My dd is 14 yrs. old and believe me I know what you go thru..good luck
    rockingrobin

Answer by rockingrobin at 9:55 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• thank you so much for the help Im going to try some of these things and see if that doesnt help......PRAY FOR ME PLEASE LOL
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 10:34 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• duct tape?
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 1:08 PM on Mar. 12, 2009