how do you find out how much MIRENA will cost?

no insurence!

masonsmommy921

Asked by masonsmommy921 at 8:40 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Health

• Call your dr office and ask them. Just tell them you would be self pay and you need to know appx how much you need to have to do it. They should be able to tell you the entire cost, for the mirena itself and the dr visit. You can also see if they will work out a payment plan with you.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:08 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I think any pharmacy can tell you that, they are the ones who will tell you how much to pay..
    rockingrobin

Answer by rockingrobin at 9:42 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Just call a Dr's office and ask but it seems like I was told around 500 or $600.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I think it differs on every office. I have the merina and it cost about $800 to get it in and its going to cost me 300 to get it out. Its about $500 for the merina itself but for them to see you and put it in it adds up. Alot of insurance covers it so you can check with your insurance provider. I think Its worth the money though. Who wants to worry about taking a pill everyday and the IUD has a 99.9% of not getting prego so you have no worries for five years YEAH!!!!
    sarabeth1

Answer by sarabeth1 at 11:14 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• you have to ask the doctor but be aware that it isnt 100% not going to get you pregnant. i got pregnant using the mirena and like 5 other girls go pregnant using the mirena
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 2:40 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I paid $589 dollars for my Mirena (insurance wouldn't cover it) and then another $100 or so for the appointment to insert it. The cost is high but the makers of Mirena do offer a payment plan, you may want to look into that.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 1:16 PM on Mar. 14, 2009