First Birthday Ideas???

I need ideas for my daughter's first birthday. We only have a small amount of family in town and she is only 1, so she doesn't exactly have friends yet. We're just now starting to try to get her some more socialization. I want to do something though. What is the rule? Do you let your one year old eat cake? She has never had processed sugar. Does anyone have a good recipe?

ANGIE409

Asked by ANGIE409 at 8:53 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• With all 3 of my boys we kept the parties simple. We just invited the grandparents, and my sister/husband. We did put up decorations (each boy had a different 1st birthday theme for his birthday), and we gave the birthday boy his own cupcake. that seemed like a better idea than a cake slice -or god forbid - their own cake!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:08 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Yes you let her eat cake!! Its her first birthday!! :)
    What were doing for my son- his bday is tomorrow! Were only having his grandparents and my granny and little bother come over cause we have a small house. Were having pizza (yes, he'll eat some pizza too :) ) and I'm making just a cake out of the box. Nothing special. I'll decorate his somehow. (I'll be making two cakes. one for us and one that he can play in and eat :) ) We'll open presents and just sit back and talk. Then in May or June we'll have his actual party so we can have it in our yard :) We have a big family other wise and close friends we have around 40-50 people that are close to us so we'll celebrate then! I didn't want to rent anything for his birthday or go to a resturaunt where he cant even get down and crawl!
    Good luck!
    Mama2Mase

Answer by Mama2Mase at 9:18 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• my son's 1st bday is next month! family is flying down to visit (parents and sister) and I assume my bf's family will be there. I'm not sure about the rule with cakes, but I'm sure a little bit wont hurt! and by 1 year old it's "in the clear" to offer egg whites in recipes. I was thinking the park would be a good place, but then we got an offer to move to a bigger house and the backyard is huuuuuge. so we'll just have it there, plus if he tires out, the house is right there so he can nap! and he loves the Thomas and Friends theme song, so it might be a train theme. How exciting mama! happy 1st bday baby!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:24 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I have 3 months and 10 days before mine turns a year old. I didnt realize that untill I read this. Wow it comes at ya so fast. We probably wont have anything big, but cake YES thats a big yes in my family. a few decorations presents! granted he'll probably play with the box more than he will the toys/cothes that came in the box lol. But whatever you do, make it bright colors. not like neon green or soemething like that, but bright reds, yellows, blue, green.. stuff like that. It will make the baby more enthused about everything around him/her.

Good luck and happy B day to the baby!
    mommy20081

Answer by mommy20081 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• my DD bday is july 2nd so were going to do it on july 4th...anyways yes u let her eat cake..at walmart when u buy a bday cake and u tell them its for a first bday they give u a mini cake just for the child so he/she can do whatever they want with it..thats what im going to do but give it to her after the party so if she gets messy it wont be a problem
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2009