One of the teen moms the other day...

stated that girls are more aggressive then boys when it comes to sex. I find hard to beleive. I'm sure there are some girls who are the aggressors. But I still beleive that teen boys only have one thing on their mind & that is sex. I'm distrubed by this because if this is true what is happening to our children? What is happening to the young womens self-esteem? Her comment sounds like another blanket statement.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• I think with how much the world around us has changed and esp the people in it nowadays i hoonestly think that it could be both just depending on the person some teen girls can be more aggresive with it and some teen guys can be more aggresive with it....HOWEVER I THINK THE GUYS ARE MORE OPEN ABOUT IT THEN THE GIRLS in front of ppl that is.
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 9:24 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• i definetley believe that girls r becoming more "sex obsessed" idk how old u are i'm 27 but in high school me & my girlfriends were in competion to see who could loose their virginity first! it's sad but i think girls aren't as "innocent" as they used to be. idk if it's "the big bad media" or what but girls are more open to casual sex & other things more than they used to be even when i was younger. i have a 5yr old lil girl and i'm kinda nervous cuz i know how i was! eeeek!
    beachmom0703

Answer by beachmom0703 at 9:24 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I know in my relationship with my hubby in high school I pursued it just as much as him! So yeah- girls are going after it just as much. Of course there are some that still aren't and some that are more. It just depends but I think 80% of the time its a 50/50 thing.
    Mama2Mase

Answer by Mama2Mase at 9:25 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I spend alot of time with teens and I say shes right. The girls are getting out of control. I see some of the boys actually afraid of these girls! My dd is 13 and in 7th grade, just turned 13, her friends have to wear vistoria secret otherwise ur a loser, they fight to see who can get the most boyfriends, go out with them a short time and start going out with their friend or brother. These girls are obsessed with getting past first base. im lucky my dd knows how hard it is to have a baby around, her brother is autistic and really a sick baby so she has no interest really in boys right now, but some of her friends are really bad. some of the kids in her grade have already had sex...some of the boys say the girls start it! I dont know if its low self esteem or they think too much of themselves too young...I say its half of the shows on tv
    lakegeorge_mom

Answer by lakegeorge_mom at 9:27 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• wow...I'm so naive
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I pretty much think that my darling hubby got sick of me when we were just dating. I was the one that ALWAYS wanted to have sex.. I would always pursue it.  Now 7 years later, its the opposite way around.. he is the one that is the more aggressive one in bed!  Not me! : )

This sounds just the the question yesterday, that was all about "teen mothers" ...if this is you,  do you have an obsession with teens?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Ive been worring about my 18 yr. old, still in school. Shes had this boyfriend for 8mo. and I was was om my space and she had put up a bulletin about how aweful some girls are to be going from guy to guy that they wouldnt find what there looking for and they will realize it soon. Think and hope Im right to be impressed, she has said she would wait so Maybe she is!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• OH NOT GIRLS can be even more sexual than girls. A girl pursued my son and it was heel in cleavage and miniskirts!!! Parent don't maintain teaching self respect to their kids to carry to othersby having them practice it often enough.. Teaching selfrespect and respect of others is bullshit unless it's PRACTICED. I think role playing of bullying and sexual harrassment should be mandated in every school year. Without parents and also schools, churches, communities working together for respect by practicing it not preaching it, respect can not be maintained.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Honestly, I can believe that statement. Teenage boys are a lot of talk. I am not saying they don't have sex but they are usually lying about what they have done or how many girls they have done it with. Girls now think it's "cool" to be sexually active and seem proud of it. There is this imagine that it's sexy for a woman to be sexually aggressive. I am 24 but I do remember what it was like in high school. The girls don't talk about it as much as the boys do but when in private, they are more aggressive than boys. Every teenager is different but I do have to agree with that statement.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 9:36 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• When I was a teenager... 11th grade I think, My friends and I would sit in the library and talk about our sex lives. I was with one guy in high school and im still with him. I was his first and he was mine. I always dressed sexy just to seduce my boyfriend. We had sex ALOT but always because I wanted it BAD! haha. But yeah my group of friends and I in high school were definately aggressors.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Mar. 12, 2009