how long could it take for be to have my baby if i am 3-5 cm and 60% effaced

i am on bed rest how long could it take for be to have my baby if i am 3-5 cm and 60% effaced

eron12

Asked by eron12 at 9:30 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No one can tell you. I was 10 dayd overdue when I was induced, and when I went into the hospital for my induction, I was dialated to a 4 and 80% effaced, the appointment before that, 10 days earlier, I was dialated to a 3, almost 4 and 80% effaced. They broke my water and even that didn't start labor and I had to have Pitocin. But no one on here will be able to tell you when you will go into labor. It'll happen when your body and baby's ready. Or when the doctor tells you you have to have the baby, like he did to me!
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 9:35 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• it varies, I was partially dialated and effaced for 2 weeks then they induced me. At 3-5 though it should go faster hopefully. Your water should break soon, then its no time at all! Once it breaks you have to deliver soon otherwise you can get an infection. I tried everything to go into labor and none of those old wives tales worked. Just be patient mama, before you know it you'll be desperately sleep deprived and happily holding a beautiful baby!
    lakegeorge_mom

Answer by lakegeorge_mom at 9:37 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Any more then 3cm my doctor would have put me in the hospital especially if you are closer to 5. So im guessing pretty soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I was 5 cm dialated and 100% effaced and they had to induce me. and the day the scheduled my induction I got pushed back two days.. so really there is NO way of telling :) Buy my labor was no nice and easy. I started pushing 6 hours later and pushed for 8 hours. they had to use a vacuum though because he was pushing towards my butt and wasn't coming out straight. Talk about a terrible bruised behind for weeks!!!!
    Mama2Mase

Answer by Mama2Mase at 9:45 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• depends my ddr wont keep you in the hospital til im 7 cm period it could take a few hours or a week good luck tho
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:28 AM on Mar. 12, 2009