How do you deal with feeling like your being used

I have a stepdaughter that i love like my own. but since i have been with my husband I feel like her mother just uses me to watch her when she doent want to be bothered with her. When i was pregnant i had her all the time which was hard because i had three other kids to watch and my pregnancy was complicated. Now that i had the baby and her mother is pregnant I still feel like all she does is drop her on me. Myhusband works alot of hours and is not home to often so i am always with the kids. Her motheer only has her right now but she doesnt watch her i do .What should i do I feel like a bad step mother because I want her mother to keep her more often but i dont want to upset my husband. I feel used and trapped HELP

mommykay5

Asked by mommykay5 at 9:46 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Maybe you and your husband should take her to court and try to get full custody. I know it stinks but it's better that she spends more time with you if this is the type of female role model she has. I go through this with our nieces. They are 2 and 3 and I have a son who's 2. When I have the girls, I am ready to rip my hair out with 3 toddlers. But then I look at their other female role model and I thank God they have us in their life. I would say either go to court and change the official arrangement to reflect what is actually going on or just be happy that she has you in her life.

DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:07 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I finally just stopped treating him like a king. My stopping has not helped us but it sure to hell as helped me feel better, no guilt cause I don't yell now when I've not gotten help back. Peace it does a woman good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Just wondering what your situation is? What is the custody agreement? Does your Hubby pay child support?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• It is not your job to keep/watch your DH child by another women. I would inform the bio-mom that as of now,,you will be know longer watching her kid. She can come over only when her father is at home. And she will be going home to you when her father is not here. JMO

Answer by louise2 at 10:05 AM on Mar. 12, 2009