Anyone from the Kansas City area?

My husband is being transferred to Kansas City in two months (actually, all of us). How is everything up there right now in terms of the economy, cost of living, employment, schools, etc. I think we'll probably end up living in the Lenexa, Overland Park, Olathe areas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• you can do this business from home. www.tgw247.com   Email me for further info jmcansler@gmail.com

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 10:02 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I'm not looking for solicitation. That tells me nothing about what my question asked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Hi Anonymous~
    I live about an hour from there, but I have worked and lived there prior.
    PM me for any questions! You will love Johnson county!
    ~Shay
    jewelrylady98

Answer by jewelrylady98 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Johnson County is a great place to live and they have great schools. Cost of living is great and a lot of affordable housing....Kansas City is very family friendly...Check out the Country Club Plaza and the Power and Light District........Sprint....Hallmark.....are your top companies.
    Anonymous

• Hi- I'm in Shawnee ( 5 min. from Lenexa) and have in here all my life, so I can answer some questions about the JoCo area for you. :)
    I was actually reading that the KC area is one of the 10 quickest areas to "recover" in economy terms. When friends have lost jobs most have found a new one in their same field within 2 months average. Housing is a little more expensive on the Kansas side of the state line but the schools are also better IMO. The Shawnee Mission, Olathe and Blue Valley school districts are all considered good ones. Of course they are all experiencing budget cuts.

If you have any other questions or just want to know a familar person in the neighbor hood once you move send me a friend request/ message me. I'm happy to help. Best wishes on a smooth transition with your husband's new job. Blessings!
    naturalspalady

Answer by naturalspalady at 7:37 PM on Mar. 22, 2010