Pant suit or skirt suit?

I have a job interview monday. I am currently employed, this would be a promotion with a different company in the same field. The dress code for the new company on a daily basis is business casual, no jeans. I have been with my current employer for 7 years and they are very much more relaxed. I wear jeans and sneakers daily. So for the interview, what do you think? Professional pant suit or skirt suit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• Business casual is more relaxed than a suit. I would go with a pant suit for the interview, but that is not what you would be wearing everyday. But for a interview, overdressed is better.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• You always want to dress better for the interview then you would for every day wear there. So I would say either would be fine- but I think the skirt suit would be more tasteful and they would remember you more. :) Because of the fact most people would wear pant suit.
    Mama2Mase

Answer by Mama2Mase at 10:15 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• When in doubt it's always better to over dress than under dress! I would go with the skirt suit! Besides, you never know who else may pop in on the interview or if you're doing well with the interview, you might be introduced to higher ups...perhaps the boss's boss? It's been known to happen, and it's a REALLY good sign!!

GOOD LUCK!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:22 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Personally, I wear pants cause sometimes I forget my ladiness and look unprofessional in a dress, unless it is a long dress, LOL. I do think dress suits look better usually. If you can pull it off in a dress, go for it, if you are like me, don't do it, wear the pants.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:18 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I always prefer skirt suits, with high heels. i have been offered every job i've ever applied to. The key is not so much to worry about what you are wearing but how you present yourself. Also i would suggest reading up on the company, going in knowing a few facts is very helpful, also figure out what questions you want to ask at the interview. I always ask at least 4 questions about the company/poisistion at the interview and throwing in some info i looked into with my questions shows the employer that i am serious about wanting to work for them. Good Luck!
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 11:36 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Skirt suit if you can wear it comfortably.
    I have a friend who is always in a pant suit and she looks great. She would be too self conscious in a skirt.
    Wear what will allow yourself to be your best, and definately your best work outfit.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 2:00 PM on Mar. 12, 2009